1. About us
1.1 Our commitments on Personal Data Protection
When Processing Personal Data of users through its websites (e.g., visitors, customers, prospects, job applicants (hereafter the “Data Subjects”), Bonduelle cares very much about Personal Data Protection. BONDUELLE is fully committed to ensuring a high level of protection of Personal Data and complying with all applicable Data Protection rules when Processing Personal Data in the context of its external communications.
1.2 Our Personal Data Protection network and compliance program
Bonduelle Group has implemented a Data Protection organization and network aiming at ensuring compliance with Personal Data Protection rules including a Group Data Protection Committee (assisted in its tasks by a Group Data Protection Manager) appointed at group level.
In addition to this Data Protection network and in accordance with the GDPR, Bonduelle Group has implemented actions aimed at ensuring and monitoring the effectiveness of the Personal Data Protection. Among these actions, Bonduelle Group has implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to implement Data Protection principles including various internal policies and procedures with the purpose of raising the awareness of its staff members on the importance of Personal Data Protection, providing them with operational guidance on how to comply with Data Protection rules and monitoring the related compliance. Bonduelle Group has also launched a training program to raise the awareness of its staff members on these issues.
1.3 The Personal Data Protection Principles we follow
BONDUELLE sets up appropriate technical and organizational measures to effectively implement the Personal Data protection principles in order to comply with the Data Protection regulation and to protect the rights and freedoms of the Data Subjects from the moment of conception and during the Processing itself.
BONDUELLE collects and processes your Personal Data for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes. The Personal Data collected is not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes. Personal Data is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which that data is processed. Personal Data is processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the Data Subject. Personal Data is accurate and, where necessary, rectified and kept up to date.
In addition, BONDUELLE is committed to respecting all other principles established by the applicable rules as explained in the sections of this Policy below and especially concerning respecting the rights granted to the Data Subjects, the retention of Personal Data, the security of Personal Data and cross-border transfers of Personal Data.
2. About the collection and use of your personal data on bonduelle.com
2.1 When do we collect your Personal Data?
You may give us information about yourself when visiting our website Bonduelle.com. In this context, BONDUELLE is likely to collect your Personal Data through the following means:
- When you browse the website Bonduelle.com (i.e. technical information such as IP addresses or logs collected via cookies or similar technologies);
- When you request customer service, ask for a discount, make a compliant, contact us or more generally when you communicate with the Bonduelle customer relations teams;
- When you apply to be part of the farmers networks or when you make a partnership request;
- When you subscribe to our group newsletter;
- When you participate in a contest, marketing program, test or survey;
- When you apply for a job in the “Join Us” section;
- When you otherwise submit personal information to us.
2.2. What do we do with your Personal Data?
BONDUELLE uses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Managing external and financial communications: You may also receive information or promotional corporate communications from BONDUELLE and/or other companies regarding products and events which may be of interest to you, subject to your prior consent when required and in compliance with your right to object in accordance with the legal requirements applicable to direct marketing. These notifications can be sent by email or other means. You can also contact our press agency.
- Customers relations management: BONDUELLE uses Personal Data in relation to its business relations with customers and prospects, and more particularly to:
- Answer a complaint you may have submitted with respect to a product or merchandise distributed by one of the group companies;
- Obtain your opinion on the company, goods and products, including via the contact form or surveys and tests
- Establish statistical analysis including for web traffic management purposes (e.g. to have an understanding of the various Bonduelle websites' audience in order to enhance website usability and the relevance of our services).
- Managing Bonduelle's network and partnerships: BONDUELLE will collect your Personal Data in order to enroll you in a requested membership/partnership or to be informed of your desire to sell the products distributed by the Bonduelle Group companies, to answer to your request, and then manage our relations.
- Recruitment and Human Resources Managment: BONDUELLE will collect your Personal Data through the "Recruitment section" of the website in order to consider and answer to your job application. If no further action is taken on a job application, the Personal Data will be retained in accordance with the provisions of section 2.5 below. In case of recruitment, the Personal Data will be transferred to the competent HR department in order to be processed for HR purposes in compliance with the specific HR policies.
Please note that the fields marked with an asterisk on the online forms are mandatory. Without this information, the users’ request cannot be processed by BONDUELLE. All other information is optional.
2.3 What is the lawful basis for collecting your Personal Data?
The Processing carried out by BONDUELLE is mainly based on its legitimate interest in carrying out promotional activities, in knowing better its customers’ preferences in order to personalize offers, responding to its customers’ requests, enhancing its business activities and also based on the need for performing the contracts entered into with the Data Subjects or for taking steps at the Data Subjects' request prior to entering into a contract and when the Processing is required to comply with a legal obligation. BONDUELLE also holds a legitimate interest in carrying out networking/partnership operations and recruiting operations in order to manage its activities in the best possible manner. In any case, Bonduelle will ensure that the lawfulness of Processing is ensured in compliance with applicable Data Protection rules (including the collection of consent if required).
2.4 Who has access to your Personal Data?
Recipients of your Personal Data:
BONDUELLE may share your Personal Data with the following categories of recipients (in doing so, please note that we take all reasonable legal, technical, and organizational measures to ensure the security of your Personal Data):
- Bonduelle’s employees working in the teams in charge of external communications;
- Group company employees in charge of managing customer relations, including sales and after sale services, complaints and quality services;
- Bonduelle’s employees working in the digital and IT teams;
- BONDUELLE or Bonduelle companies’ employees or subcontractors in charge of recruitment and Human Resources management who will have access to all or part of the candidates' Personal Data;
- Third parties, when BONDUELLE receives the request by a judicial authority or public authority empowered by law to do so, pursuant to the legal rules applicable.
BONDUELLE may also communicate your Personal Data to its business partners and other Bonduelle companies (and to their potential service providers) for the purposes mentioned in section 2.2 above, and in particular with the objective of providing you with the services you require, enhancing Bonduelle's activities, and sending information or promotional communications, in particular regarding products and events which may be of interest to you, subject to your prior consent. Some of those recipients are located outside the European Economic Area, including our Business Units located in Brazil, Argentina, the United States, Canada, Russia, and Ukraine.
BONDUELLE does not share your Personal Data with other third parties except for its service providers for the purposes explained in section 3 below, especially when it comes to sending information, organizing contests, or other marketing activities, hosting and IT support. Some of those service providers are located outside the European Economic Area, including the United States.
International Transfers of your Personal Data:
Since some countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided your Personal Data, BONDUELLE is very attentive to ensure that your Personal Data is protected in accordance with the strictest applicable rules. In that respect, BONDUELLE agrees to use standard contractual clauses (as issued by the EU Commission or a competent Supervisory Authority) or any other adequate safeguards, on a case-by-case basis, when your Personal Data is transferred to a recipient outside the European Economic Area, in a country which is not deemed to ensure an adequate level of protection according to the EU Commission.
2.5 How long do we keep your Personal Data?
Your Personal Data is stored in view of Bonduelle’s activities and for no longer than necessary with regards to the purposes for which they were collected. BONDUELLE keeps your Personal Data in accordance with the retention periods imposed by applicable laws and more specifically:
- When you contact us to request information, we keep your Personal Data for the period that is necessary to process your request, as well as for five years;
- When you contact us to request information, we keep your Personal Data for the period that is necessary to process your request and then a maximum of five years;
- We keep your Personal Data used for direct marketing purposes until you unsubscribe (in this case only is the information necessary for managing the right to oppose kept for at least three years) or for a maximum of three years from last contact.
- When you are an ambassador, a business partner, or are part of the farmers network, we keep your Personal Data for the duration of our relationship and, if necessary, archive it for a duration allowing us to comply with any legal obligation or for a duration equivalent to the statute of limitations (namely 5 years);
- Personal Data related to candidates is stored for one year after your last application or contact with the recruitment teams;
3. How do we SECURE your Personal Data?
BONDUELLE implements all appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security for the Personal Data appropriate to the risk for your rights and freedom and, in particular, all measures to protect your Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access to. The same level of protection is contractually imposed by Bonduelle on its services providers which process your Personal Data acting as Processors (on Bonduelle's behalf). In addition, any Bonduelle employee who, in the course of their work, might have access to your Personal Data agrees to hold it in the strictest confidentiality.
4. Children’s Personal Data
BONDUELLE does not knowingly collect, maintain or use Personal Data from children under the age of 15. If information on a minor has been collected by our website without the consent or approval of the holder of parental responsibility over the child, please note that the minor's legal representative can exercise the minor’s rights on his/her behalf. In that case, please contact us.
5. About Cookies
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that websites save on their visitors’ computer or mobile device. Cookies are widely used to operate and improve the functioning of websites, to deliver a personalized online experience or to provide website owners with various information.
As you visit the website, Bonduelle is likely to collect your Personal Data through cookies, server logs and other similar technology, including your IP address and your preferences.
- For technical reasons (e.g. to identify sessions, remember settings, preferences, keep track of your input when filling out online forms, etc.;
- For statistical analysis and web traffic management purposes (e.g. to enhance website usability and the relevance of our services, to analyze information on the use of the site by visitors via the pages visited, number of accesses, etc.);
- For sharing information with advertisers on other websites in order to offer you pertinent promotional communications and that match your interest;
- For geolocation when using specific functions such as store addresses recommendations and available products in the nearest point of sale.
How can you prevent your computer from receiving cookies?
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
Bonduelle may use Personal Data obtained from cookies for the following purposes :
You are entitled to object to the Processing of your Personal Data through cookies. For that purpose, you can configure your browser in order to disable the installation of cookies.
Any recent web browsers allow you to change the settings related to cookies. These settings are usually available in the section “Tools”, “Options”, “Help” or “Preferences” in your browser. Please consult the links below for more information on managing cookies depending on your browser.
6. Your personal Data Protection rights
You are entitled, at any time, to request BONDUELLE exercise your rights to access, rectify, delete and the portability of your Personal Data as well as your rights to restrict and object to the Processing of your Personal Data in accordance with the conditions contained in the Data Protection regulation. You also have the right to object to the Processing of your Personal Data for the purpose of direct marketing and, therefore, ask to stop receiving promotional communications from BONDUELLE at any time. When the Processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
In order to exercise your rights, you can send your request to Bonduelle's Data Protection Officer (see section 8 below). For us to be able to answer your request, you must communicate the following necessary identification data to us: name, email or postal address and any other necessary information for confirming your identity.
You also have the right to file a complaint with a Supervisory Authority in case of a breach of the applicable Data Protection rules.
7. Changes to our policy
This Policy may be modified or added to by BONDUELLE at any time. Any modifications or additions made to the current Policy shall take effect when published on the website.
Please note that BONDUELLE is committed to not processing your Personal Data in a manner that is incompatible with the original purposes mentioned above, except where it is compliant with applicable rules.
8. Questions et contact
For any questions or comments relating to our Policy or the manner in which BONDUELLE collects and uses your Personal Data, and for exercising your rights related to your Personal Data, please write Dpo_france(at)bonduelle(dot)com or by mail to the following address: for the attention of the Data Protection Officer, Bonduelle, Rue Nicolas Appert, PO Box 30173, F-59653 Villeneuve D'Ascq.
"Bonduelle": refers to the company Bonduelle, a partnership limited by shares, with capital of 56,491,956.50 euros, whose registered office is located at La Woestyne, 59173 Renescure, identified under Dunkirk Trade and Companies Register no. 447 250 044, and Bonduelle, a public limited liability company, with capital of 234,806,000 euros, whose registered office is located at La Woestyne, 59173 Renescure, identified under Dunkirk Trade and Companies Register no. 445 450 174, acting in their capacity as Data Controllers..
"Personal Data": means any information relating to a Data Subject.
"Data Controller": the Bonduelle company which determines the purposes and means of Processing Personal Data.
"Processor": the company which processes Personal Data on behalf of the Data Controller.
"Data Subject": means an identified or identifiable natural person to whom Personal Data relates. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier (including IP addresses and logs) or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
"Processing": means any operation performed upon Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
“Transfer” means any transfer of Personal Data to a third country. A transfer can be carried out via any communication, copy, transfer or disclosure of Personal Data through a network, including remote access to a database or transfer from one medium to another, regardless of the type of medium (for instance from a computer hard drive to a server).