Louis Bonduelle Foundation
As public health messages concerning the need to eat plenty of fruit and vegetables are well known by consumers but rarely heeded,Bonduelle is keen to understand the obstacles and to help consumers once again give vegetables pride of place on their plate! For this reason the Bonduelle group created the Louis Bonduelle company foundation in 2004. Its purpose is to bring about a sustainable change in food consumption practices, based on its three main aspects:
Information and awareness building
- Measures for building staff awareness including a "cardiovascular disease prevention week", themed days dealing with healthy eating and shift work.
- A partnership with the "Union des Maisons du Diabète", (Union of Diabetes Centres) resulting in the publication of a day-to-day recipes book aimed at diabetics and their families.
- Professor Veggie’s workshops: a fun way to teach children the nutritional value of vegetables. Partnerships are being organised with schools in the Netherlands. Informing and raising awareness: in particular through its Internet site.
- The Louis Bonduelle Foundation is a joint founder of the "Cœur et Artères" foundation, (Heart and Arteries), a research foundation which supports multidisciplinary programmes dealing with cardiovascular diseases and related illnesses such as diabetes or obesity.
Activities out in the field
As we believe that more than simply providing information it is also necessary to support people during change, the Louis Bonduelle Foundation finances activities aimed at bringing about a change in food consumption patterns.
- "Art et saveurs nature", a programme launched in collaboration with the Marpas, “Maison d’accueil rurale pour personnes âgées” (“rural retirement homes”), to benefit its residents. It is designed to help the residents re-discover vegetables in different ways: by producing works of art using vegetables and by participating in culinary workshops.
- Working closely with the French charity "Secours populaire" , praised by the French minister of agriculture the Louis Bonduelle Foundation organises workshops designed to build awareness of the value of vegetables and the economic aspects, not forgetting a cookery workshop : la Ronde des légumes.
- In Italy, the Foundation has joined forces with the Slow Food movement for a three-year partnership aimed at developing three food education programmes and promoting a quality-centric food culture.
Added benefits: twice a year, the Louis Bonduelle Foundation launches a call for proposals to support the associations or other organisations developing projects focused on the promotion of healthy eating.
To receive the Foundation's news, register to the Foundation's newsletter